Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Bachelor of Computer Science & Engineering program aims to provide the skills of necessary for modern-day business and industry to assist in managing increasingly complex technical problems. BCSE is designed to allow students to specialize in computer hardware; it includes many courses in computer software and all programming language. To complete the B. Sc. in CSE program at University of South Asia, normally takes four academic years (i.e.12 Semesters). Each academic year is divided into 3 Semesters (Spring Semester: January-April, Summer Semester: May –August, Fall Semester: September-December. There shall be Mid-term Examination after conducting 6 weeks classes. After Mid-term examination and conducting of 8 Weeks classes. Final examination will be held at the end of each semester. In order to graduate, total 149 credit hours to be undertaken and completed by a student during 12 semesters.
You will cover a rotating combination of:
- Basic Science Courses
- General Education Department and Language Courses
- Business Courses
- Mathematics Courses
- Core Computer Science Courses
- Other Engineering Courses
- Optional Expertise Courses
What careers can I go on to?
Booming Computer Engineering sectors in Bangladesh has plenty of jobs for fresh computer science graduates. Computer Engineers have plenty of options to work in IT and non-IT companies in departments such as design, development, assembly, manufacture and maintenance, etc.
Best Aspects of CSE Department:
- Offer BSc. in Computer Science Engineering Degree at the lowest cost among the all reputed private universities in Bangladesh.
- Provide a good number of scholarships for meritorious student.
- Offer well developed lab facilities.
- Arrange extra-curricular activities for student through clubbing.
- Objective for addressing all forms of students including sluggish and passive learners.
- Provide consulting hour to solve any academic problem for student.
- Regularly arrange Seminar and workshop on different topics to reduce industrial and academia gap.
- A strong alumni network working in different sector (Govt. and Semi govt. institution)
- Strong IEEE student branch activities.
- Regular reunion of Alumni Association.
Academics activities and competition:
- Project Showcasing in South Asia Day 2020
- Idea fair between departments.
- Inter department Robotics competition
- Inter department Programming competition.
- Participated in different National Debate Competition and became Champion and 2nd Runner-up.
- Participation in Faraaz Gold Cup 2019
- Engagement in different sport tournament.
- M.A. Matin memorial Intra department cricket tournament.
- CSE Departmental annual picnic.
Masters of Computer Science
Computer science and computer engineering are fields of unparalleled excitement and opportunity, now and for the future--fields where smartest young men and women are choosing to study and to work. If student’s goal is graduate study research, employment in the information technology industry, business leadership, or public service. Computer science is the study of information and algorithms within the context of real and abstract computing devices. Computer scientists are interested in such topics as the representation and storage of information; algorithms to access, display, edit, and transform information; programming languages to express algorithms; and hardware and software processors to execute algorithms. These concerns lead to practical developments in computer systems software, such as operating systems and compilers; in application areas, such as artificial intelligence, computer graphics, and computational biology; and also lead to theoretical investigations of computers, algorithms, and data. Computer engineering is a closely related field that is concerned with the design and practical application of computer hardware and software systems to the solution of technological, economic, and societal problems. The computer engineer analyzes a problem and selects from a variety of tools and technologies those most appropriate for its solution. A computer engineer can expect to be involved in hardware design, software creation, and systems integration. The program provides as in-depth education in computer engineering while retaining strong foundations in traditional electrical engineering and computer science. The computer engineering program involves digital hardware, software, and architecture Mathematics, engineering design, laboratory work, and communication-skills development are also emphasized. A major team project must be completed during the senior year. The objective of undergraduate education in computer engineering is to develop broadly educated and competent graduates for professional careers or graduate studies. Especially important is a foundation that will endure technology advances and changes.